ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials, and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, created jointly by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties, with potential applications in fields such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunication, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.
We aim for group leaders to jointly develop our centre for a longer time. The Centre is funded through the International Research Agenda of the Foundation for Polish Science, under axis IV of the Smart Growth Operational Programme, Measure 4.3, and the Teaming for Excellence H2020 programme.
GROUP LEADER AT ENSEMBLE 3
Applications are welcome from the excellent scientists to establish and supervise the research group at the Centre. The group will be responsible for expanding applications for materials developed in the Centre to photonic elements and devices, which will be beyond the-state-of-the art in modern photonics and optoelectronics. Various properties and functionalities of the crystal-growth materials which will be developed in the Centre have already been demonstrated. These could be developed into further applications, in addition to anticipated new ideas from the group leader and group members. Proposing novel ideas for crystal-growth based materials with a potential for acting as active photonic elements and devices will be the main scope of this group.
- Establishing and supervising the research group;
- Organizing and carrying out research efforts that will place the centre at the forefront of scientific developments worldwide;
- Collaborating with other groups in the centre;
- Disseminating results to the public and scientific communities;
- Applying for funding;
- Seeking industrial collaborations.
Profile of candidate/requirements:
• A doctorate in a discipline relevant to the research agenda pursued at the Centre;
• Outstanding research achievements reflected by the publication record;
• Leadership skills required to build and manage the research group;
• Proven excellent skills in bringing research funding;
• Openness to internal and external collaborations;
• Extensive scientific institution/people network to build extended international collaboration.
Required application documents:
Curriculum vitae; Proof of PhD; Research record with a full list of publications; Cover letter specifying how you meet the search criteria and can contribute to the operation of the Centre; Names and contact details of three senior researchers who may act as referees. A short description of a research plan that fits the research agenda of the Centre.
- Full-time employment;
- Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
- International cooperation with experienced researchers;
- Start-up package and funds allocated to running your group and recruiting other group members such as postdocs, PhD, and MSc students;
- Administrative support for recruiting, visa and related documentation;
- Access to well-staffed core facilities.
Competitive candidates will be interviewed before the appointments are made.
||Plasmonics, Metamaterials, Photonics, Optoelectronics, Physics, Chemistry, Material science, or related fields.
|Job type (employment contract/stipend):
||Full-time employment contract
|Number of job offers:
||Annual gross salary max. 268 000 PLN (~ 62 500 EUR) to min. 143 000 PLN (~33 000 EUR) depending on experience and expertise.
|Position starts on:
||Available from July / August 2022 (Negotiable)
|Period of contract agreement:
||Permanent contract from the beginning possible based on the mutual agreement; we aim for our new group leaders to jointly develop our centre.
Pursuant to Art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on the protection of data) “GDPR”, we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is ENSEMBLE3 SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ with its registered office in (01-919) Warsaw, ul. Wólczyńska 133, REGON: 386406355, NIP: 1182211096, KRS 0000858669. (hereinafter referred to as “ENSEMBLE3”) www.ensemble3.eu
- In matters related to the processing of your data by the Administrator, you can contact the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Your data will be processed in order to carry out the recruitment process, pursuant to the provisions of labor law, in particular art. 221 and following of the Act of June 26, 1974, the Labor Code (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1320 – in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR).
- Data not required by law, provided by you in the documents sent, will be processed on the basis of consent for which their transfer will be treated (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR). In addition, your personal data may be processed for purposes related to future recruitment processes, on the basis of a separate consent expressed by you.
- As regards the information indicated in the advertisement as necessary, in accordance with the Labor Code – providing data is mandatory and necessary to participate in the recruitment process. Failure to provide them may prevent participation in the recruitment process. Providing data other than those indicated in the advertisement as required does not affect the recruitment process and is not necessary.
- The consent to the processing of personal data may be withdrawn at any time without affecting the processing that took place before its withdrawal. In this case, data not required by ENSEMBLE3 will be deleted as redundant.
- Providing your personal data by you is a statutory requirement for participation in the recruitment for the position specified in the recruitment announcement on the basis of the provisions of the labor law, in particular art. 221 and following of the Act of June 26, 1974, the Labor Code (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1320 – in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR).
- The recipients of your personal data may only be entities that are entitled to receive them under the law. In addition, your data may be made available to couriers, postal operators and entities involved in the project related to the creation of ENSEMBLE3, that is:
- Łukasiewicz Research Network,
- Supporting entity: National Center for Research and Development – experts in the field of legal and organizational protection.
- Entities responsible for financing the project under which ENSEMBLE3 is created:
- under the program EU H2020-WIDESPREAD-2016-2017 TEAMING PHASE 2-European Commission,
- under the International Research Agendas (IRA) program of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund,
- by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
- Your personal data will be kept for a period of 3 months. After this period, due to the requirements of the project co-financed by the entities listed in point 8, your personal data will be processed (only in the form of archiving) for a period of 10 years. If you consent to the processing of data for further recruitment purposes, the data will be processed for a period of 1 year. After this period, your applications are deleted and the candidates’ personal data are not processed for any other purpose. We do not send the application back. We only contact selected people.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data, as well as to rectify (correct) it. You also have the right to request deletion or restriction of processing, as well as to object to processing, but only if further processing is not necessary for the Administrator to fulfill the legal obligation and there are no other overriding legal grounds for processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint against the processing of your data carried out by the Administrator to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office (uodo.gov.pl) and to the supervisory body, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. .
- Your personal data will not be profiled and will not be sent to third countries.