Photonics technologies are a source of increasing innovation for both vehicle automation and production.
Main segments are:
- Advanced lighting systems based on LEDs and OLEDs save energy and can be automatically controlled.
- Interactive screens provided by OLED technology provide high-quality images and save energy.
- PICs (Photonic Integrated Circuits) allow enhanced functionality and reliability of photonic components and electronic in small chips that do not occupy space.
- LIDAR (Laser Imaging, Detection and Ranging) to detect the position, speed, and distance of objects – a fundamental requirement for autonomous and ADAS driving.
- Sensors for acquiring information about the environment and the mechanical and electrical properties of the vehicle.