Photonic sensing technologies are increasingly used in the wind, oil & gas, nuclear and conventional power generation, and the chemical industries.
Main segments are:
- LiDAR (Laser Imaging, Detection and Ranging) to identify locations suitable for placing pipelines and drilling locations.
- Fiber Bragg grating (FBG) sensing systems for structural health monitoring of energy plants and measurement of parameters such as temperature, pressure, and acoustic waves in hostile environments, such as oil wells.
- infrared (IR) sensing systems for detecting gas leaks and emissions of other hazardous materials.
- Additive manufacturing for on demand production of infrastructure spare parts.
- Mass spectrometers for analysis of gas, fuels, and lubricants.
- Cameras: hyperspectral, IR, CMOS… depending on industry for process monitoring
- Ultrashort pulsed lasers : micromachining, surface structuring and functionalization
- Precision laser systems for cutting, drilling, welding, with the ability to produce high-quality components and assemblies precisely and repeatedly
- Scanners for beam steering
- Optics and beam-shaping
- Robotics and sensing systems for Advanced Manufacturing