Optical metrology is used for fast, highly precise, non-contact measurements for a wide range of applications.
- Main segments are:
- Spectrometers for hyper-spectral imaging, e.g., for process monitoring and medical applications.
- LiDAR systems for determining position, speed, and distance of objects, e.g., for automotive, medical, defence and civil engineering applications.
- UV and Fibre optical sensors for measuring gas emissions, temperature, strain, and vibrations for structural monitoring.
- Quantum techniques such as entanglement to yield higher statistical precision than conventional approaches.
- Optical clocks for measuring time via optical frequencies.