Government recognition of photonics as a key enabling technology is driving photonics research in academia and industry.
Main segments are:
- Cameras and detector systems, e.g., for x-ray diffraction, hyperspectral imaging, crystal growth and orientation, low light imaging, astronomy, and confocal microscopy.
- Opto-mechanical hardware, e.g., mirror mounts, lens holders, fiber-alignment fixtures.
- Optical components, e.g., lenses, mirrors, filters, and polarization optics.
- Lasers and light sources
- Fiber-optics components & test equipment, e.g. spectrum analysers, tenable lasers & attenuators.
- Opto-electronic test equipment, e.g., laser diode controllers, photodiode amplifiers.