ENSEMBLE3 Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials and novel crystal growth-based technologies
The Centre is funded through the International Research Agenda of the Foundation for Polish Science, under axis IV of the Smart Growth Operational Programme, Measure 4.3, and the Teaming for Excellence H2020 programme
ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials, and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, created jointly by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties, with potential applications in fields such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunication, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.
Applications are welcome from excellent scientists to join the Centre of Excellence to help the Centre to be at the forefront of scientific world along with their own career development. The candidate will be responsible for characterization of the optical/electromagnetic properties of the materials developed in the other groups at the micron and nanoscales. It will verify novel design concepts for materials, structures and devices in regard to their material properties and function as optical devices – in cooperation with the research groups present at the Centre. The candidate will use novel advanced techniques of materials characterization including systems working beyond the light diffraction limit. The optimal candidate will be scientist specialized in characterization of electromagnetic phenomena and their mechanisms including both macroscopic properties as well as the ones at the nanoscale.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organizing and carrying out research efforts that will place the centre at the forefront of scientific developments worldwide;
- Collaborating with other groups in the centre;
- Disseminating results to the public and scientific communities;
- Applying for funding;
- Seeking industrial collaborations.
- Full-time employment;
- Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
- International cooperation with experienced researchers;
- Administrative support for visa and relate
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement:
Initial appointment till December 2023. Extension to longer/permanent position on mutual agreement. We aim for candidates to jointly develop our centre for a longer time.
Number of job offers: 1
Annual gross salary max. 228 000 PLN (~ 51 000 EUR) to min. 143 000 PLN (~32 000 EUR) depending on experience and expertise.
Job type (employment contract/stipend): Full-time employment contract
Application deadline: open until a suitable candidate is found
Pursuant to Art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on the protection of data) “GDPR”, we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is ENSEMBLE3 SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ with its registered office in (01-919) Warsaw, ul. Wólczyńska 133, REGON: 386406355, NIP: 1182211096, KRS 0000858669. (hereinafter referred to as “ENSEMBLE3”) www.ensemble3.eu
- In matters related to the processing of your data by the Administrator, you can contact the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your data will be processed in order to carry out the recruitment process, pursuant to the provisions of labor law, in particular art. 221 and following of the Act of June 26, 1974, the Labor Code (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1320 – in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR).
- Data not required by law, provided by you in the documents sent, will be processed on the basis of consent for which their transfer will be treated (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR). In addition, your personal data may be processed for purposes related to future recruitment processes, on the basis of a separate consent expressed by you.
- As regards the information indicated in the advertisement as necessary, in accordance with the Labor Code – providing data is mandatory and necessary to participate in the recruitment process. Failure to provide them may prevent participation in the recruitment process. Providing data other than those indicated in the advertisement as required does not affect the recruitment process and is not necessary.
- The consent to the processing of personal data may be withdrawn at any time without affecting the processing that took place before its withdrawal. In this case, data not required by ENSEMBLE3 will be deleted as redundant.
- Providing your personal data by you is a statutory requirement for participation in the recruitment for the position specified in the recruitment announcement on the basis of the provisions of the labor law, in particular art. 221 and following of the Act of June 26, 1974, the Labor Code (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1320 – in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR).
- The recipients of your personal data may only be entities that are entitled to receive them under the law. In addition, your data may be made available to couriers, postal operators and entities involved in the project related to the creation of ENSEMBLE3, that is:
- Łukasiewicz Research Network,
- Supporting entity: National Center for Research and Development – experts in the field of legal and organizational protection.
- Entities responsible for financing the project under which ENSEMBLE3 is created:
- under the program EU H2020-WIDESPREAD-2016-2017 TEAMING PHASE 2-European Commission,
- under the International Research Agendas (IRA) program of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund,
- by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
- Your personal data will be kept for a period of 3 months. After this period, due to the requirements of the project co-financed by the entities listed in point 8, your personal data will be processed (only in the form of archiving) for a period of 10 years. If you consent to the processing of data for further recruitment purposes, the data will be processed for a period of 1 year. After this period, your applications are deleted and the candidates’ personal data are not processed for any other purpose. We do not send the application back. We only contact selected people.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data, as well as to rectify (correct) it. You also have the right to request deletion or restriction of processing, as well as to object to processing, but only if further processing is not necessary for the Administrator to fulfill the legal obligation and there are no other overriding legal grounds for processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint against the processing of your data carried out by the Administrator to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office (uodo.gov.pl) and to the supervisory body, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. .
- Your personal data will not be profiled and will not be sent to third countries.